Why Choose Young Living Essential Oils?
There are a lot of oil companies out there and ultimately the company you choose is up to you! I decided to try Young Living because that is the company that my friends and the people I trusted were using. After doing some research, there are really 3 main reasons why you should choose Young Living over their competitors.
- Seed To Seal Promise- Young Living owns their farms and are greatly involved in the process from the seed of the plant to the seal of the bottle. You can feel confident knowing that all the oils have not been diluted, adulterated, or had chemicals added to them
2. The Quality Of Young Living’s Oils- There are 4 grades of essential oils. There are significant differences between each one. All Young Living Essential Oils are pure.
The 4 grades/types are:
- Grade A Oils: These oils are pure therapeutic and superior quality. They are usually made from organically grown plants, and are distilled at proper temperatures.
- Grade B Oils: These oils are food grade, they may contain synthetics, pesticides, fertilizers, extenders, or carrier oils.
- Grade C oils: These are perfume grade and may contain the same type of adulterating chemicals as food grade oils. They usually contain solvents which are used to gain a higher yield of oil per harvest. Solvents are not healthy.
- Grade D: These are low quality/Floral Waters. Floral Waters are byproducts of the distillation process. They can be a very high quality IF it comes from a Grade A distillation process. It can be a low quality if it comes from poor quality raw materials or poor distillations processes.
It is important to remember that while synthetic fragrance oils may duplicate the smell of the pure botanical, they do not have medicinal properties and are therefore NOT suitable for aromatherapy.
3. Their History- Young Living is one of the oldest essential oil companies around. As such they have a wide variety of oils and blends (many of which are unique to Young Living).
They have 85 different types of essential oils, 84 essential oil blends, and many many different products and supplements. Their many non oily products include: cleaning supplies, skin care regimens, protein powders, and their extremely popular Ningxia Red drink.